Dimension Leader For Moved Dimension Text?

Hello All,

Is there a method to automatically create a leader from moved dimension text to the dimension lines?
I like to add annotation notes to my dimensions and when dealing with denser sheets and scales this becomes problematic.

If not, are there any simple automatic workarounds… anything besides drawing out a leader from dim text to dim lines would be helpful.

Hello - is this the situation you’re asking about?

I do not have a good idea off hand.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Yes it is! I don’t like to compare, but for reference the feature in AutoCAD is called Dim Styles>Fit>Text Placement>Over Dimensions Line With Leader

Thanks,
Taylor

Hi Taylor - thanks. @mary - is this on your radar at all?

-Pascal

Hi @pascal , sorry to raise a thread from the dead, but has this feature been talked about by any chance?

I just wanted to kick this old topic up again. The dimensions are ever so close to doing everything I need. Creating leaders to the text itself, manually, is a huge chore. The example required me to draw an extra line as you can’t snap to the center of the horizontal dimension line. Moving text around manually is a little cumbersome but workable. The extra time needed to draw a line to the text is a bit of a killer but perhaps I can change my style/workflow to suit.
The automatic placement for the 4" dimension works well. But for tighter spacing (extremely common in architectural applications) you need the flexibility. Since the line appears automatically (as shown with the 4" dimension), I wonder if it isn’t a huge stretch to also automatically generate a leaderline as the text is moved in the Y direction? AutoCAD does this but it’s far from perfect. Revit’s functionality in this regard is probably the best, but that comes with a huge price tag of course.