Dimemsion bugs

Hi,
Attached is a file of some strange things in dimensions.
RM

bDims.3dm (46.8 KB)

Hi RM- I see the vertical dimension flips around when I tumble the perspective view… what else?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
I reopened the file I attached and it’s mostly ok but I see now what is happening.

The first time I create a layout and use a perspective window in a detail both the regular viewport and the layout viewports go nuts and display the arrowheads and text all weird too large etc. Sometimes the dims display ok in the layout until I switch display modes like from wireframe to shaded other times fault happens instantly.

dimProb1

I thinking saving purged this behavior but you can see it in this screen grab of the perspective the arrow heads are huge there. In layout it turns basically unusable. I ran into this last night and had to send out a copy to a client without dims.

Also I think that if this gets fixed the auto scaling of dims in perspective view in a layout is not a good thing. This needs work to be useful, for my project and the example the dims get way to big in the layout if one is zoomed far out enough to see the entire cube.
Many times I have to send out a dimed none scaled drawing to a client of the perspective view and it would be better to just let the dims stay how they appear in the viewport. I couldn’t find a way to turn this auto scale off? And or they should never become this huge where one can’t see the model from the dims.
RM

Hi RM - yeah, OK, thanks, I see goofiness in the layout… I’ll poke some more.

@3dsynergy - if you disable Layout space scaling for the annotations (DocumentProperties > Annotation), it looks correct.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
Ok thanks I knew there was a setting somewhere.
Thanks for your quick response and help.
RM