Dim style names do not update in object detail panel without file close and reopen

I created a new dim style for a scaled drawing. Style was called “Dimension Style 01” by default. I renamed to “10 X” and reset the length factor to suit. Style worked fine but the object detail panel still called it by the original name-did not update to the new “10 X” name. Saved file, closed and reopened and correct name appears now in the object detail panel too. Not a big deal but annoying and not up to the “standard” of Rhino.

Apologies for the delayed reply. This issue seems to be fixed in the recent RhinoWIP (if I’m parsing your report correctly). If you have time, I’d appreciate you testing it in the latest RhinoWIP and seeing if it works to your liking.

Hi Dan,

Nope, still behaves the same way as before. I set and renamed a new
dimension style and used it in a file. Dimension using the new style
displays correctly as set, but name of the style in the properties panel
did not update. Closing and reopening the file corrects this.

My system info is:

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.1 (5B161)
IronPython version: 5.1.2015.131
Language: en (MacOS default)
OS X version: Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F1021)

Checking for update I am informed this is the latest one.

Anyway not a big thing. Thanks for Grasshopper!!!

Abraham Wechter

abrahamwechter@gmail.com
858111523@qq.com
China mobile: +86 13632184455

Yep, I would expect it to in 5.1 (5B161) …I saw that behavior myself.

Sorry, I should have been more explicit above, could you please test this in the latest RhinoWIP (5C83w)? The fix we put in place will be released in the 5.2 update (but is currently in the RhinoWIP builds).

I just want to make sure the behavior I’m seeing is what you would expect (I think so).

You are most welcome. Thanks again for reporting!

Hi Dan,

Downloaded the new WIP 5C83w and dimension styles behave as expected. Thanks!