Dim length factor not stable

Dangerous bug in dim length factor. I’m on latest service release Version 6 SR9
Changing the dim tolerance sometimes also changes the dimension length factor.
Wish I could say this happens every time but it seems somewhat random.
I am using symmetrical tolerance and have seen this behavior today with changes to both tolerance resolution and upper limit. Hope someone at Mcneel can have a look at this ASAP.
Edit:Just had this happen changing dim styles. Tried to duplicate but not successful.
Double checked the dim style setting in DocumentProperties and it was correct. So changing dim style changed the length factor to a nonstandard length factor.
Edit again: Yeah this is really happening. Very dangerous please look.

Has someone from McNeel had a chance to look at this yet?

Hello - please post an example file.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Just now tried to re-create the problem with a sample file and was not successful. Can’t post the original file that was causing the problem but I can send it to tech@mcneel.com or to your email if you prefer. Just tested this file again a minute ago and when I changed the upper limit on tolerance of one dimension Rhino crashed. Sent crash report.

Thanks for looking, dim length factor was very unstable when I was working Saturday.

Abraham

File sent to tech@mcneel.com

Hello - I see an image uploaded… that helps know what to look for but is not much use by itself - can you upload the Rhino file?

thanks,

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I just checked and I did indeed email the Rhino file to tech@mcneel.com. Called Dreadnought Kit_1 2D and 3D.3dm
This was really scary because I didn’t notice the length factor changing erratically in the beginning and had to go back over the entire layout to make sure all dims were scaled correctly. Actually some where not. Then as I continued to work I monitored the scale length factor every time I set a tolerance and did need to correct it back to 100% regularly. Wish I could re create this easily but the trial file I tried did not misbehave.

Thanks for looking!

Abraham

Four years later, I’m having similar problem now. A simple drawing like the one below could freeze when I’m trying to edit the style of the dimension and its length fator.