Digital Design Community | Global Series - London (online) | KPF / Heatherwick Studio / Foster+Partners

Event Description:

Join us for the eighth event of the Digital Design Community, featuring a great group of speakers! This event is the first in a series of online presentations for the year, each showcasing work by offices in a particular city around the globe.

In this installment, London-based practitioners from KPF, Foster + Partners, and Heatherwick Studio will showcase how technology is shaping the way designers create and develop projects in their firms. This event will explore how innovative workflows and advancements in analysis, modelling, and fabrication have allowed their practices to continue to push the boundaries of design and realization of projects.

Event Speakers:

Kohn Pederson Fox (KPF)

Cobus Bothma | Director - Applied Research

Heatherwick Studio

Pablo Zamorano | Head of Geometry and Computational Design

Foster + Partners

Francis Aish, BEng (Hons) | Partner - Head of Applied Research and Development

Time & Location:

July 14, 2020 | 6:00 PM GMT+1 (London) | 1:00 PM GMT-5 (New York) | 10:00 AM GMT-8 (LA)

Online Webinar

Registration Link:

https://www.digitaldesigncommunity.com/event-details/digital-design-community-global-series-london

2 Likes

I really can recommend this series! At first I was quite skeptical because I’ve been to so many architectual presentations which ended up being buzzword bingo or simple company advertisment. The factual and differentiated view on things was great. Well prepared presentations and great discussion in the end. Compact and not tiring :+1:

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the very kind note, I’m so glad you enjoyed the event. We have tried our best to keep things concise, yet informal, and still be being meaningful and informative. All the presenters were great, the work really demonstrated a lot of what is possible with emerging toolsets and near-future workflows. The presenters did a great job not necessarily showing how they pick ‘the optimal design’ but demonstrated how it helped to inform design decisions and give weight to design options for clients. We will be editing and posting the recording soon for anyone else interested. Please follow us for our future events at: https://www.digitaldesigncommunity.com/