Difficulties knowing where to attach an attractor point

I have created a “digital tiling” of sorts and wanted to create a variation using an attractor point. However the script I created for my tiles is unaffected by the script I used for the attractor point.

Plan%20View
If the attractor point is invalid would creating a linear line with various attractor points be attached in the same manner or is that not a possibility.
I appreciate any guidance you could give me!

DIGITAL TILE - Screen Conditions.gh (25.2 KB)

You have no geometry plugged into your scale component…

Is the issue where the area and series aren’t connected to the scale cell?

DIGITAL TILE - Screen Conditions-MP.gh (22.0 KB)

Oh, great. Since you didn’t post a file here originally, I used the one I had from two days ago:

tiling_2019Nov14a.gh (22.4 KB)

Waste of time? I’ll look at your current model now.

OK, in your current model, your attractor point is not internalized and there is nothing connected to the ‘G’ input of the last Scale component (!?). The latter seems to be the biggest problem so I’m done here. Have fun.

P.S. Using multiple Dispatch components to assign colors is not very neat.

DIGITAL_TILE_Screen_Conditions_2019Nov14a.gh (23.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank you both for your help and input. I appreciate you taking your time.

Hi @Joseph_Oster
How can the grid be adapted to a double curved surface with variable width?
with cute endings without it being compressedBrep-grid.3dm (138.9 KB)

Maybe Map To Surface? But there will certainly be distortion. Good luck.

missing

well, the idea is that the grid is not compressed so much just that it is redecorated in the most closed areas
I do not know which version of Rhino you have saved it in a version 4
Brep-grid.3dm (145.4 KB)

I’m using R5. The .3dm file you posted is two surfaces, not one, so Map To Surface won’t cover them both.

I don’t know what you mean, sorry. I added sliders to adjust the HexGrid to more closely match the UV proportions of the larger surface, which reduces distortion. This is a garbled copy of what I posted earlier, where I started to add scaling similar to what you are doing (not the same!). But I gave up, didn’t see the point. Surface is internalized in the GH file.

tiling_2019Nov14b
tiling_2019Nov14b.gh (15.2 KB)

How about if you try the same thing yourself with your version?

P.S. Ah, here you go:

DIGITAL_TILE_Screen_Conditions_2019Nov14b.gh (20.8 KB)

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
I wanted to know if the surface can be reversed with the perforations

I was also looking to triangulate a mesh to put some gems and their respective prong

You have infinite control of the “perforations”, why not modify those to match the surface instead?
I’m pau (done) for today. Cheers.

1 Like