Difference between Loft styles

Hi,

is there somebody that can describe for me practical differences between loft styles?

I am asking about this because of two reasons:

First of all is the Tight and Uniform style descriptions in Rhino Help are incomprehensible to me and I am not able to translate them into practical examples. http://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/5/help/en-us/commands/loft.htm

What do the following descriptions mean?

Tight

The surface closely follows the original. This is a good choice when the input curves are going around a corner.

Uniform

Makes the object knot vectors uniform.

Second reason is that I can’t see any difference in surface and surface control point’s structure between Normal, Tight and Uniform styles. Can you post an examples where the differences are visible?

I attach the model on which I tested the styles.
LOFT_STYLES_R5.3dm (153.8 KB)

Thanks!

Hello- yeah, this is poorly worded - tight works better when the input curves are un-evenly spaced - as you might do when trying to define a sharpish corner between lightly curved areas.

Your tests are all the same with evenly spaced curves - in this case there is little or no difference between Normal, Tight & Uniform. Move th\at middle curve downward on all three to be just above the lowest curve and you’ll start to see differences.

Loose is where the input curve control points are used for the surface - that is, the surface generally only hits the input curves at the ends of the loft.

-Pascal