Dice Radius

Would SubD be an option?
not for the G2++ NURBS gamers, but well I’m just playing the dice… :wink:

1 Like

Seems like
_Testsetbackblendedge
is pretty well suited for this, does it all in one go, 10x10mm cube, run_Testsetbackblendedge set all at 4mm, then add handles at every edge midpoint and set them at 0.5mm. Boom!

2 Likes

Ah, Oops, beat me to it… :blush:

How did you achieve your dice? Look like you have only one point that meet in the middle. How did you generate the curves?

I didn’t make any curve, I just use the command in the image. TestSetBackBlendEdge

Heh, I missed it the first time through this thread because the command [_Testsetbackblendedge] was in the image, and not text!
…and you need to know how to use it, on what geometry…
It works on any three edges of a solid, like the corner of a cube. Run the command, pick three converging edges, and set the radii. Note that sharply acute angle corners will self-intersect and fail. four and more edges converging also fail (prove me wrong :slightly_smiling_face:)

Yah look fine for 3 edges. But let say I want to do a d20 faces dice. its 5 edges minimum.

then you aplly blendEdge as usual, solve one vertice with networksurf and Matchsrf and then orient3p to the other vertices.