Detail View rendering // Vray

Hey all.

I have a layout template with 4 detail views in it. I use Vray in Matrix 8 to render those 4 views, which are then replaced automatically with images created by the render process. What I am trying to figure out, is the command line version of function which renders the selected detail views on my layout. No commands I have tried seem to want to render these detail views.

Does this make sense? Let me know and I can provide additional information. Thanks!

Hello - as far as I know there is no way to get a vRay rendering into a Rhino detail in any automatic way - you’d need to place a copy of the rendering on the layout as a Picture, if I understand what you are asking about.

-Pascal

I’m finding that to be the case, in basic Rhino. But in in Matrix, selecting a detail view and pressing this button, renders the exact detail view and automatically replaces it with a surface that is mapped with a png with a transparent BG. See below.

If I could just figure out what commands are being executed, I could write a macro for it and automate the whole process (hopefully)