Designing a glasses frame

I visited a thread and saw a dear designer’s work. He even sent his Rhino file that I downloaded and opened it. I noticed he used a sphere as his curvature surface base.

It was a lesson for me, but as I usually work with my method, I deleted all the surfaces that he made and kept the accurate sketch of the glasses.

I didn’t use a sphere but made the curvature surfaces with three separate single surface spans, and then did projection and other works. I don’t know, is it confirmed by the dear designer or not, but I just know his work would be more accurate and detailed than what I made.

This time I designed this model of glasses frame by myself completely, among its sketch.

Keep up the good work!

Spheres with a specific range of radii are an industry standard that’s why we use them while designing eyeglasses.

1 Like

Hello, master

I usually try to learn whatever attracts my mind ( mostly through visual review and exercise), and your post excited my interest, as well :slight_smile:

So you are the professional designer of glasses frames? Nice!

You pointed out that the glasses designers use a sphere as a standard base to create 3D models for extrusion. What about the glasses frames that have a flattened shape approximately?

Hello,

Either completely flat or a sphere with a radius of 265.5mm. You then tilt the sphere in X and Y to get your desired curvature and angles.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, master

It enlightened me wholly. Although here is not enough facilities for doing this work but it was a useful instruction for me

:slight_smile: