Describe this force field type pattern please

And finally getting close to what I’m after…
Moving the driver points up/down in Z then using Field Strength, and Field Tensor Z, Y and X components as the noise signal…

FieldNoise7

2 Likes

When you get permission to Grasshopper the house!

Thanks for the help folks!

17 Likes

i dont particularly like the symmetry here, looks somehow like trying to bring back Jugendstil in a weird way. maybe thats what you wanted, but something more continuous would´ve looked better imho. a lost opportunity to make something interesting.

1 Like

yeah, I was torn between one complete triangular panel or 2 split with symmetry and after seeing it on the house I agree one complete panel would have been better but I was pressed for time, this way was less machining time and they are easy to change in the future.

The main thing is I grasshoppered my house :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loving the google images on this BTW!

Yeah, I’m bringing back Jugendstil!

1 Like

Hello.
I need the stl of this image

There is a GH definition in the post above by @laurent_delrieu. You can use this to generate your own surface and save as an STL

1 Like

özür dilerim ama bulamadım

marble turbulence noise v3.gh (36.0 KB)

is it possible for you to mail me as stl or obj

Maybe. It depends what you want exactly.
What size panel?
What depth of pattern?
Which pattern exactly?

If I can recreate what you want easily then I can export an STL for you.

Can you open the previously attached .gh file and change the settings? That way you can create what you need and bake the geometry directly into Rhino and export an STL or OBJ

i would suggest taking a look at the definition @martynjhogg was so kind to post to create a pattern of your own. simply stating that you need that file in whatever format you want ist rather very impolite. this is a platform for people looking for help and not herd of slaves to fulfill your demands :wink:

yapmayı bilmiyorum diye yardım istedim asıl bu senin tavrın çok kaba

there are forums in different languages if you cant speak english well

Tried CNC millling in MDF. Looks like a pattern made on sand !

5 Likes

That’s great! It would make a nice bath/shower mat if you made one in cork!

Or, use it as a mold for vaccuum forming plastic

1 Like

Ah ! yeah, that is a great idea !

Hello Laurent. Just wanted to let you know that your definition works beautifully if you X+1 the UV input on a mesh from points node and plug it into a SubDiv from mesh component. Its lightning fast.

Is there a way for this to work on a plane that’s not square? For example, if I wanted to fit this to a specific closed curve, would that be possible?
Also, is there a way to control where the center points are?
I’m pretty new to grasshopper. Sorry if I’ve missed something that’s already been explained.
Any help would be appreciated! :smiley: