Delete problem

I am having problems deleting numerous items … I have to delete a number of times to get everything.
The same thing happens with move or copy … only some things I have selected actually move or copy so I have to repeat the same command a number of times.
This is new behavior … it is a fairly large file but not in the ‘huge’ range.
Memory problem … maybe ???
thanks
eric

Hi Eric,

First thought:
Could it be related to these object being History children?
Meaning the setting for locking Children is On making it impossible to edit those objects?

-Willem

Hi Willem
Thanks. I’m not sure where to look for the setting you are referring to but I can’t find any locked objects in the file.
I am doing the drawings for a building and have a number of floor plan variations shown. When I delete any one of these floor plans some objects remain and have to be deleted again. Sometimes it takes as much as four full window deletes to rid the file of all of them.
This seems to apply to any group of objects. I am going to copy/past a portion of the drawing to another file and see if a smaller file makes a difference.
cheers,
eric

I just did that … No problem deleting a full floor plan with all the objects.
Perhaps the total drawing file is using too much memory for a complete delete of an object with more than a few parts ???
cheers,
eric

If you use History and have History locking on for children (right click in the Record History pane to see the setting) then objects that are children of History operations will not be allowed to be edited in any way that will break History for them- like being moved… however this seems unlikely if it works on a second try and I do not think it affects deleting. In short, I do not have a good idea at the moment. Can you please, if possible, create a subset of your large file that still shows the problem and send it to tech@mcneel.com, or if need be the entire file- please zip and upload here: http://www.rhino3d.com/upload for tech@mcneel.com

thanks,
-Pascal

Hi Pascal …
Yes, I will do that.
I just ran the process with the task bar showing and memory use is about 18% as a constant and the CPU spikes only a little.
cheers,
eric

Hi Willem

Could be … but I uninstalled Octane for Rhino and that fixed the problem.

Then I loaded a newer version and the problem did not return.

cheers,

eric

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎January‎ ‎8‎, ‎2014 ‎4‎:‎08‎ ‎AM
To: eric.clough@gmail.com

Willem
January 8

Hi Eric,

First thought:
Could it be related to these object being History children?
Meaning the setting for locking Children is On making it impossible to edit those objects?