Delete hatch from the settings panel

Hi!
Do you also experience Rhino WIP to refuse to delete the hatch from the settings panel? Once I exported quite some hatches and now I cannot delete any of them :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m not seeing an issue here deleting hatches in the Rhino 7 WIP on Mac. Did you mean the Properties panel when you mentioned deleting the hatch in the ‘settings’? There’s a Remove at the bottom of Properties > Hatch when a hatch is selected but that relates to the stops on a gradient if you used one. This is working as well though here. Post a 3dm please and show me where/how you’re trying to delete the hatch if that doesn’t help.

Yes, I am trying to delete a hatch from the properties panel. I always got a crash when hitting the delete button. Here is the test file!

test.3dm (4.5 MB)

Win version.
Purge - command, file save and reboot.

1 Like

Thanks for the test file, I am not crashing here with the following steps… Select the hatch in the viewport > Select a hatch pattern in the Properties panel > Delete. The hatch itself is deleted though from the viewport. If you are crashing with the same steps, is there a crash reporter that comes up and did you send it in with an email address?

To remove the unused hatch patterns from the file, the Purge workflow @inju showed will work in the Rhino 7 WIP on Mac as well. Save or SaveAs the file and reopen after Purge to test.

Yep, it keeps crashing here. I reported the crash when the prompt appeared, sent with my email as well.
Purge works, but I need to delete fe. only 5 hatches out of 50, so purge becomes unnecessarily powerful in my case…

Please run SystemInfo in Rhino and post the results.
That will give is good information about what Rhino is seeing on your Mac.

Thanks

Here it is :slight_smile: systeminfo.txt (9.4 KB)

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-60448

In File > Settings > Hatch, if I try to delete a hatch pattern definition from the file, the Delete button seems to be ignored.
I’m not getting a crash.

I’ll keep poking…

Yeah, I have to poke maybe ten times till I get the crash :slight_smile:

I’m testing to see if any of the extra plug-ins you have loaded are involved.
the denoisers, Twinmotion, Maxwell

Okay, I can get a crash, but I have to rapid pick it 20 times or so.
There are two bug reports now and they are on the developers list.

RH-60448 is fixed in the latest WIP

1 Like

Perfect, that was fast :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

The stars all aligned by chance to make it a quick fix.

• Your description of the problem was good
  • I was able to repeat the problem
  • The developer was able to find the problem quickly
  • The fix was simple enough it doesn’t pose a risk to other tools
  • The timing was just in time to get it in the next WIP

You maybe should have purchased lottery ticket…

4 Likes