Deform curves after random walk

@diff-arch,

Thank you for your continued feedback.
The main difference is that your curves are random walks, while mine come from a pre-determined shape + point population.

Admirable! I would love to play with that! See more below.

I wanted to { not anymore } speed up the SpatialDeform.
I did so with less points.

Made sense: less points = less to deform.

All OK there.

Pardon me - here we go,

Shape (mesh) + points:

Curve from the points:

Random ‘walks’ along curve segments (via FlowAlongCurve):

note: these ‘random walks’ are not from your random walks example

The vectors were dictating syntax/forces for SpatialDeform to ‘pull’ the whole curve to the points - while maintaining its shape:

The dashed (yellow) curve being the spatially deformed curve.
I was doing that because I cared about new point locations for new spatial deformations.
Then tried different expressions/fall-off functions until I found what I liked.

loved it, but it’s slow. So I’m skipping it for now.

However, back to you:

I care about the ‘spherical bound’ even if it’s a mesh thinking it’s a sphere :wink:

Is there a way to inhibit this and instead have the agents simply ‘crash and bounce off’ or (even better) ‘crash and stick’ then turn around?

For clarity:
My most important goal aside from hitting the pre-determined points is to keep the curve(s) within the boundary and never trespassing it.

Here’s what I mean,

In this quick example walks-on-strands_01.gh (67.1 KB) (image below), I used your random movers (previous system), yet matching point count to my points.

Once recorded, I grab your ‘walks’ and flow them to my strands (LoL sounds funny).
Will most likely look too jagged past 2 or 3 iterations because of the scale of walks vs my model. It’s okay for illustrating, though.

So, now

<3
I envision your current refined method, producing one deliberately continuous walk, hitting all my predetermined points, never trespassing the {mesh} boundary - then I could deform the resulting curves later if I truly needed to.

Thank you for your patience/attention, I wish you the best!