"deconstruct" attractor point

Hi people,

This is my very first post here, even though I’m an avid user of the forum, searching trying to find the solutions to my problems. But this time, seems like it’s a little bit more difficult.
I’m working on a project where I need to study an already built building (so all the information is given and I’m not the one who gave form to it). The thing is every component is already differentiated, for example, in terms of areas:

So I gave each point a length, depending whether it is the maximum value or the minimum:
And what I’d need to do is try to find a point close enough to point 03 to make it the smallest component, and that same point far enough to make the point 04 the biggest in size (and 01,02, 05 would be interpolated data):
Do you guys think it is possible to find such point (or points)? It’s like if an attractor point existed before and now I need to find it. I’ve been searching all around the web, I’ve tried some stuff but I can’t seem to crack the code.

Thanks in advance!

File? Seems like you could use weighted average. Use each lines length as the weights. Although I don’t think any attractor will make 3 smallest and 4 largest considering how far away 1 is. Unless this attractor potentially also has a function such as a wave.

mysterious attractor point.gh (22.9 KB)

I tried to be as clear as possible. So let me know if I made it even worse.

Firstly, work with lists:

Well how did you get the heights of these lines? (they are just values you input). The logic to this would not be attractor based I think (unless there is some other function like a wave as well, maybe it is image / color map based). You might need to use something like galapagos to find that point. Even if your point was way out here I don’t see how it would make 3 largest and 2 smallest without making 4 actually the largest (if it is a distance attractor logic)

mysterious attractor point.gh (16.6 KB)

The heights? I set them manually (I just used random numbers, but the highest goes to the one with the biggest area, and so on, and the shortest goes to the smallest).
Sure, I tried with galapagos in one opportunity, but I never seem to understand or get the way I should link all the different areas and associate them with the distance to that “mysterious” attractor point.

I’ll find a way, don’t worry. Thanks for coping with me haha

but the highest goes to the one with the biggest area, and so on, and the shortest goes to the smallest

Precisely, and in that case I cannot see how an attractor made these areas. Did someone tell you an attractor made these areas? I cannot think of any typical distance attractor that would make 3 the biggest and 2 the smallest area. There is either some effect on the attrctor (wave or graph), there is more than one attractor, or this isn’t sized by an attractor. To me it looks like there was an underlying voronoi diagram which some cells were removed and the others scaled uniformly.

Right!! No, nobody told me that about the project. And I don’t think it was made with one either or that logic, you know. I’m just trying to extract the ‘logic’ behind it, but yes. Probably the theory of an attractor point is not that accurate or the answer to this highly differentiated field haha. But thanks for helping! I’ll investigate about that wave attractor! Thank you!

mysterious attractor point_a.gh (20.1 KB)