Debugging C# Grasshopper Components

I’m learning to write my own Grasshopper components in C# utilizing the Visual Studio plugin. While I can build the example plugin and utilize it in Grasshopper, when trying to set a breakpoint and debug I run into the exception shown in the screenshot below. I’m afraid I’m a Linux guy, so sorting this sort of low level problem on Windows is not my forte. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bruce

Debugging C# Grasshopper Components in Visual Studio without starting Rhino
(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #2

You should open the call stack do you can see where the call leading to this exception originates from.

/Nathan

Below is the call stack. Not sure that helps.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #4

Sounds like you need to install runtime distributable for older version: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/de01044a-5e3b-4145-becf-0a66014c8417/how-to-deploy-mfcmifc80dll?forum=vcgeneral

(Steve Baer) #5

It looks like you may have all exception turned on in your debugger and you are debugging into the core runtime. You might want to check your debugger settings

Turning on “Enable Just My Code” in the debug option seems to alleviate the problem. While it offends my coding sensibilities that there’s a problem somewhere that’s just being ignored, I’m going to move on for now. :relaxed:

Thank you so much!