Daylight Performance and Optimization workshop
November 27–29, 2019
10 AM–6 PM
McNeel Europe S.L.
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
McNeel Europe presents architect Adrian Krężlik for a Daylight Performance and Optimization workshop at our Barcelona offices. Daylight is a vital element in architecture, responsible for health, well-being, building performance, and finally, for appearance and atmosphere. With modern-day simulation tools, architects and engineers can apply science-based strategies into the design process.
The goal of the training is to introduce architects and engineers into the concepts of contemporary daylight techniques using daylight modeling in Grasshopper, Honeybee, and Ladybug. Participants will learn how to simulate Daylight Autonomy, Glare, Daylight Factor and other key concepts of the most popular sustainable certificates such as LEED, BREEAM, or WELL. The training also introduces the concept of design for Circadian Rhythm as a key aspect of healthy and productive buildings. During the training, participants will build parametric models and test the concepts of study cases.
- Introduction to daylight demands in European norms and most popular certificates: LEED, BREEAM, DGNB, Living Building Challenge and WELL
- Daylight Physics, Sun Position, Radiation Rose
- Exercise One: Sunlight hours on a facade. Introduction to daylight modeling in Grasshopper, Honeybee, and Ladybug
- Exercise Two: Designing to meet LEED v4.1 daylight requirements. Daylight Autonomy and Annual Sunlight Exposure
- Exercise Three: Single objective optimization to enhance daylight conditions
- Exercise Four: Designing to meet BREEAM daylight requirements. Daylight Factor
- Exercise Five: Daylight Glare Probability Simulation
- Introduction to single objective optimization based on Genetic and Particle Swarm
- Exercise Six: Building Position and Facade Optimization to enhance daylight performance
EUR 795, (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required). Please note your seat is only confirmed after payment has cleared.
Max. number of participants: 10. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before. (October 13)
Course language: English
*Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe!