Cycles for Rhino plug-in, v0.0.8

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

/Nathan

So I played around with our Iray for Rhino plugin and Cycles in the current Rhino WIP _(6.0.16306.9301, 11/1/2016) Beta. I noticed, that when you open the color picker and start changing a color by dragging (I did not know that this is updated continuously), in the beginning the application becomes unresponsive and choppy. Then at some point it recovers and the updates happen really quickly, both in Cycles as well as in our render plugin. It seem that in the beginning of modifying a color there are hickups.

Reported for tracking as RH-36197

/Nathan

Hi there,

after the latest update to Rhino WIP ((6.0.16313.10381, 11/8/2016) Beta) i got the feeling that the rendering side feels a bit slow and choppy. I just want to share my findings there:

My test scene is a field of 25x25 spheres.

Always when I start rendering after creating my 25x25 filed, the render is white in the beginning, I guess that is due to the default material, however it is hard to tell when rendering kicks in.
If I switch the backdrop from solid color to the 360 degree environment this seems to be fine.

navigation is choppy at times with 25x25 spheres, see this video:

With our Iray for Rhino plugin we see similar behavior: Starting interaction takes some time, sometimes the updates happen really fast, but sometimes everything stalls for several seconds and the user does not know what is going on.

This information is not too concrete, these are the observations that I made when testing our plugin and the Raytraced preview.