Cutting List/ Length, Width, Thickness, export

Hi!
I have this error when I try export from my furniture

Thanks for this. This script is going to take my work to the next level! @Helvetosaur @milezee

How to run the .py script in rhino

Hello,

1 Like

And here are some more detailed info/instructions:

https://wiki.mcneel.com/developer/macroscriptsetup

1 Like

Sorry to jump in but just found the conversation and it has been helpful. Thank you for the cutlist script it works well to create a cut list for rhino and I was able to modify for my purposes. Is it possible to do the reverse and create a series of boxes from an excel with Height Width and Length dimensions? I have been looking for something with no luck and my programming knowledge is limited…

Thank You

returning to this topic, still no native inside of Rhino to achieve this kinda thing. I have used @Helvetosaur pythion script many times, once again Mitch, very useful. I was wondering if it could be adapted slightly again, if I have a repeated object of the same size and name could it count them into one row ? eg, a total column at the end of the table, screenshot attached, tia :slight_smile:
Table

I’m not around this afternoon, but I’ll look into it when I can. It’s not completely simple, as it requires comparing each object to all the others to see which are “the same” (tolerance?), and then having the information on all objects compiled/formatted before writing the file - right now it just writes line by line for each object selected.

1 Like

cheers Mitch :slight_smile:

OK, don’t know if I got this right, have a go with the following:

ExportObjBBData5.py (3.6 KB)

3 Likes

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but I’ve been using Easycut | Food4Rhino which works nicely too.

2 Likes

thanks bud, I’ll give this a try tomorrow, appreciate you taking time to change this :+1:

oh I’ll take a look, thanks for the heads up :grin:

this seems to work fine, thanks bud :+1:t2:

@Helvetosaur this is working nicely, would it be possible to add another column at the end, for notes assigned to an object, I use descriptions in my BOM’s tables, ie, ‘polished top and 1 long edge, 20mm bullnose to 1 long edge’.
Is this possible? A note assigned to an object, user attribute text ?? tia :blush:

I guess it’s possible… Attribute user text is accessible via rhinoscriptsyntax, you would need to set a common key name for all objects plus the description of each as a value when modeling in Rhino; then the value could be read by the script and output. As the script checks for dupes, the item descriptions would need to match 100% in order for them to be considered duplicate objects.

I have seen what you have created and it is amazing, do you think you can create a version to work in inches and fractions of inches?