Customize Ribbon Bar Tabs

It would be nice to at least rearrange the tab order.

Further, it would be nice to make custom tabs by docking a custom tool palette.

Move palette to RibbonBar Tabs …

«Randy

1 Like

Agreed. Logged in MR-1630 and MR-1631.

2 Likes

Got my vote. Big time. Would help immensely in the usability front.

+1

also, I’d really like to be able to swop left/right sides - have my tools on the right of the screen, it just feels unnatural crossing over to the left to click on a tool (for me!). When I’m drawing (I’m right handed) I put my pencils/pens etc… down near to my right hand, not on the left side of the paper, IYSWIM

Otherwise over the moon with Rhino.

Logged as MR-2056

It’s been 8 years and still no update on the ribbon. Honestly the floating tools are a huge annoyance. Depending on what you’re doing you might have 5 floating tool palettes on your screen taking up precious visibility.

Mac rhino has really come so far since it first came out, but major ui differences like this really decrease work efficiency on the Mac compared to the pc version. So while UI may seem very low as a priority, Rhino became king in my heart for it’s flexibly and customization (arranging your workspace, creating alias, grasshopper and python, et cetera) which enabled users to work fast and efficiently, simplifying tasks that other companies are notorious to ignore cough, autodesk.

Sorry for the rant, you are still the best, team rhino. All praise bob mcneel

Please give the Rhino 8 BETA a try. A lot of work went into making the toolbars more customizable.