Curves not captured

(Wim Dekeyser) #1

Continuing the discussion from NEON - point lights not recognized?:

FWIW, the bug where curves and edges are not captured when saving the viewport to file or clipboard is still in this version.

(Brian James) #2

Hi wim,

I’m not seeing that here using this build. Do you have a sample file that you can send? Also check your display mode settings for Neon to make sure crvs and edges are enabled. This will be a global Rhino Option specific to your system and not a Document Property of the file you send.

(Wim Dekeyser) #3

Hi Brian,
It doesn’t look like it is a very widespread bug. It happens on every single model and the curves and edges are visible in the viewport. It’s just when you capture to clipboard or to file that the curves/edges disappear (unless you manually set a width and height for the screen capture to file).

Andy took over my PC a while ago and saw this on my system. I’m just sending this here so it’s not forgotten.

I can print screen but using Bongo for an animation hasn’t been possible for a while now and I was hoping to get my curves back…

I saw this happen here previously, but not seeing it now. At the time I overlaid a technical view to get the curves, but I was busy and didn’t report it since I had a temporary work-around for my needs. Seems to be fine here now.

(Wim Dekeyser) #5

Thanks for jumping in, Heath.
A bit elusive, this bug. I didn’t get one of this secret :wink: tracking numbers - hope they don’t have to be repeatable for bugs to be registered…

(Brian James) #6

not strictly, but they really should be or the developer can comment back that it doesn’t happen and therefore they can’t fix anything. It’s a challenge sometimes to find the interlocking pieces of a users workflow and often plugins they use to figure out what’s happening. Giving us sample files and info on plugins installed, computer OS, GPU make & model and driver dates etc. all help though so if you have another experience with this one please let us know.

(Wim Dekeyser) #7

@andy, do you need anything from me on this one?