Curved animation path

Hi, I have created an animation similar to a radar screen, but you can see that the trajectory of the object has a slight curve in it creating a “Petal Shape”. How do I make the object travel in a straight line out to the circle and back ?

Mike,
Can you please explain a little more – preferably post the model.
I assume your concern is the trajectory of the point object (with the gumball decoration)? It is impossible for me to know from the video how its trajectory is defined.

Luc

Hi Luc,
Here is the .3DM
Cheers,
Mike.Trajectory.3dm (106.1 KB)

1 Like

Mike,

The “Petal Shape” trajectory is purely the mathematical result of the Rotation (X-axis) of the (basically) linear movement of the object “Slider”. The only way to make the trajectory linear is by disabling its rotation, but then I guess that’s not your intension.
Mike_A
BTW on a radar screen there is an entire radius (a line) making a rotation, not an object going back and forth.

Luc

Hi Luc, thanks for that,
I am trying to illustrate how time of flight LIDAR works,(3D scanner, TLS) so there is an out and back component. I will just speed up the slider so the curve isn’t as noticeable.
Here is some of what I have put together already using a Bongo Video Texture for a radar effect, but I am trying a different approach now.

Thanks again,
Mike.

1 Like

Just keep on rocking :sweat_smile: