Curve & list problem: need to close cells with rectangle border

Hi! I am working with some Voronoi cells bounded by a rectangle. The problem is:
1 the cells on the border are open. With the Closed command, I picked them out but, the one at the corner of the rectangle I don’t know how to deal with (it needs a straight angle matching rectangle border, not just connecting end points)
2 if I pick things from a list with cull pattern and modify the sublist, how can I quickly put the modified back to the list (and, of course, replace their not-modified counterparts?). I find that every time this happens I need another cull pattern to pick out the rest of the list to get the modified list back
curve_problem.gh (185.6 KB)

Thanks so much!

Hi,

How are you generating those cells ?
You can give the Voronoi component a rectangle and in this case the border cells will be closed.

You could also use Surface Split.

curve_problem.gh (184.2 KB)

This should remove the need for your second question, but in any case, you could use Dispatch and Merge. Or Sift Pattern + Combine to retain order.

1 Like

Thanks so much magicteddy! As always, your help allow me to move forward with my project in important ways!

I got these cells by moving them off of surfaces. For some reason, they don’t come with borders!

1 Like