Curvature graph wishes

Hi Rob - The highlight is a bug, I say. I’ll get that on the heap. The transparency is a good wish - I’ve had it myself - I use Ghosted object display mode as a workaround for this in V5 but it is not working right in V6 right now and in any case should be built in as you suggest.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-36246
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-36247

thanks,
-Pascal

1 Like

Thanks Pascal, good tip about the display modes, will try that when it’s working again.

Regards,

Rob.

Hi all, i have a few wishes about the curvature graph, and a question;

1 - if i can select only one edge at a time i can focus just the edge i want.

2 - if at orthographic viewports curvature graph displays a projected graph that may help a lot.

and my question;
Q - if you open attached model you will see a surface which has planar surface control points at all directions (thanks @pascal for the script, is it implemented in V6, i can’t check because IT guys dont install it :frowning: ) and 3 curves with the same degree and control points if you run curvature graph command and select all, you will see 2 different graph for same edge, which one should i focus to fix? i can say the surface curvature graph also shows the normal direction of the surface but does it help anyone?

curvature_graph_on_surface_vs_curve.3dm (357.6 KB)

Best regards,
Rasim

2 Likes

Hi Menno,

Is it possible to buy this plugin?

At the moment it is not possible, I’m afraid.

Rhino always wanted to be a good freeform surface modeler. Since the first day we are missing essential surface shape analysis tools that have been mentioned in this post. As well as a solution that has been programmed for inhouse use at Marin. I am still in regular need for this and can’t wait when this is picked up by McNeel.

2 Likes

I couldn’t wait Gerard, have moved over to ICEM Surf instead…

Has there been any progress on this?

Unless I’m missing something, if I choose a BlendCrv on two surface edges, the curvature display is completely useless because it becomes so cluttered, so the workaround is to manually perform @Pascal’s ExtractIsoCrv trick two times first, which is such a time waster.

Anyway, basically all suggestions in this thread sound great.

1 Like

Yep, got that, thanks

RH-58729 BlendCrv: limit the graph, for edges

-Pascal

1 Like