Curtain protection system supported by complex structure

Very lucky to participate in the construction of A china project, Curtain protection system supported by complex structure.

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, it is always interesting to see what is necessary to make such organic shapes. As there are many different shapes did you use an automation (script, Grasshopper, worksession ā€¦). Can you elaborate on the workflow ?

1 Like

I always wonder what Rhinoceros Corporate is? Is this is a Rhino 5 derivative?

Corporate Rhino - Pirated SW? - Rhino / Rhino for Windows - McNeel Forum

3 Likes

nice! :wink: I think this thread should be called F***** with McNeel

Someone from McNeel gave his post a ā€˜Likeā€™!

For some reasons, at the beginning, we planned as follows:

In SD stage, Maya was used to shape the shape;

In the CD stage, rhino + TS is used to refine all details and close the gap;

In WD stage, rhino + CAD is used to complete the design of all machining drawings;

For some reason, we ended up using two workflows:

CD-A TEAMļ¼šRHINO+TS+RS+GH+TEKLA+CAD

CD-B TEAMļ¼šCATIA(KA+KAE)+TEKLA+CAD

In terms of the coordination of various architectural disciplines, Revit + Navis is mainly used.

The workflow is too big. Let me find it.

2 Likes

I just LOVE that he edited his post with screen grabs that doesnā€™t show that he/they are using pirated software - what a class act! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

thx , i have deleted all JPG, Originally I wanted to share the application of rhino in complex architectural design. Now we are using genuine software. Since the focus is here, I will pay attention to it later.

Can you describe your role in this project and how long each stage took?

Hi @Mickymouse1998,
Impressive work!

Can you elaborate on this a bit please:
CATIA(KA+KAE)
What was the purpose of Catia for this project?

I take it you have never pirated anything. Good for you. Get over it. No one cares.

What matters is the shared knowledge. And honestly, pirated or not, he is using Rhino as an important piece in a complex workflow, so that is awesome. I get happy when I learn that Rhino is being used for ā€˜xā€™ thing, or when I spot it in a frame of a workflow video of some business. I really couldnā€™t care less about their license, or if they used torrented models in their renders or if they download movies instead of paying for them.

I would say there is a difference if you do it as a private person or if you do it as a professional practice earning money with it.

3 Likes

Hi @ShynnSup

Iā€™m quite sure that McNeel - the company that keeps this very website running and keeps my main work tool updated - care. And Iā€™m also quite sure that at least some of the other paying customers in the shop care, as those license money keep the price down. This is clearly not some hobbyist doing an extension for his uncleā€™s summer cottage; this is a big-ass commercial project and they should damn well pay for their tools.

For the rest of your pseudo-cyber-anachist views on intellectual property rights: Itā€™s good that you couldnā€™t care less. Iā€™m sure youā€™d be just as relaxed and calm about it, if someone broke into your house, stole your shit and then sold it on E-bay! :thinking:

-Jakob

11 Likes

Hello guys,
Can we open a separate topic discussing the peculiarities related with legality of the license(s)?
Otherwise we are simply spamming the topic.

@Mickymouse1998 in your opinion was it possible to replace Catia with Rhino for this particular project?
Which particular area of modelling was Catia used for ( ā€œ(KA+KAE)ā€?). The details you posted where quite remarkable.
Thank you for the reply in advance.

1 Like

Catia is far superior to Rhino in many regards. And I say this as a Rhino enthusiast! The only drawback is the pricetag. But if you get it for freeā€¦ Well usually they have one license to get the support, itā€™s a open secret. But it matters! The really good things in life often have a pricetag (like it or not), and the workflow they have may only result in the fact of having pirated anything. Alone T-Spline as part of the chain is likely the result of it, since you canā€™t buy it anymoreā€¦

Just some few advantages of Catia:

It can handle much more data, a lot more than Rhino!

it offers more tools in general, with a much wider range of professional extensions, not amateurish plugins.

Itā€™s truly parametric, very useful for constructive needs.

It can fillet extremely well, compared to other CAD (if you not care about class A at least)

You can assemble parts and thread anything as a functional group

ā€¦

Direct or computational modelling has also great advantages in the field of design, but if we talk about functional-design/construction, I would always go for Catia.

1 Like

I do. Your attitude towards IPR is really disturbing.

Absolutely! Personally I donā€™t think stealing software is ok even for a hobbyist. His uncleā€™s summer house is a commercial project.

Yeahā€¦

Philip

2 Likes

Hello,

You are speaking for McNeel without being McNeel, even after they showed you that they simply donā€™t find it that relevant by not deleting the post, nor commenting, even giving it a like.

Donā€™t hide behind McNeel when the issue clearly upset YOU.

This is a common thing in software developing that is simply inevitable.

I feel McNeel is confident enough in their developing to win over customers from pirating. Any publicity is good publicity.

Bad analogy. Do I need to explain? Okay. First, breaking into someoneā€™s house by definition implies property damage. First difference. Second, physical objects are not the same as software. Third, if you and your family are in the house the episode could leave all kinds of traumatic memories. Really bad analogy.

This guy does not represent Zaha. He said he had the chance to collaborate. Maybe he just got paid to do x job as a freelancer.

I donā€™t get your ā€œyou should pay when it is commercialā€ argument. You should always pay. Period. Maybe you say so to excuse yourself? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It is interesting how you ignored my previous supposition.

Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone.

1 Like

At the same time, we would like to thank mcneel for providing us with such a good platform and solution. Before that, we tried the solution of Revit + Dy and SolidWorks.

The initial tool of RH is not enough to achieve our goal in large quantities. Fortunately, we have GH. Its powerful data interaction and interface make us go all the way. The only thing we have to do is to learn it, use it, form experience and better guide the following work.

Through these platforms and methods, the beautiful curve, beautiful A-class curved surface and accurate spatial positioning of the whole building are finally completed.

Iā€™m glad to see so much feedback in mcneel forum. I believe itā€™s due to the superb technology of David team (sorry, I donā€™t know more gods), sincere acceptance of suggestions and opinions, and your tireless dedication to promote the software and platform to be more perfect.

Nice to meet you.

怐Here is the effect picture怑

怐Hereā€™s the actual shot怑

4 Likes

I presume you mean a fire and smoke curtain protection system?