Cursor freeze when making selection in Perspective view

Hi, I have read the previous posts about Rhino freezing, so this issue has been on for a while. Only Rhino is doing this but the whole laptop is immobilized with following necessary restarts. I have Win 10 v 1909 and 8GB in RAM and I have followed a Win expert recommendation to disable Enhanced Mouse pointer option. Any solution yet?

Please run SystemInfo in Rhino and copy/paste the results here…

Rhino System Info 23 April 2020.txt (1.8 KB)
Hope you can figure out. I´m into concentrated Grasshopper tutorials now. Thanks,
Ingemar

Hi Ingemar -

Rhino 6 SR14 2019-4-28 (Rhino 6, 6.14.19118.15561, Git hash:master @ 8f0a84997c310a7ec1a42cf2704da8daa33e3e21)

Please update to the current SR24.
-wim

…and update your video driver - it’s from 2017…

Hi, updating is always easy to recommend. But, I’m reluctant to disturb the now perfectly working Grasshopper together with all the other plug-ins, which was not always the case previously. Is there no special patch for this freezing problem apparently known to many?

Hi, yes I have checked and there was no later update. And, gathering from all the others who have notified the freezing problem, all of them cannot have a video driver issue?

Much of the problems that happen when doing dynamic on-screen manipulations end up being video problems, yes. Especially so since you say it only happens in the Perspective viewport.

Any “patches” would be the latest service releases - that’s why they exist. If you do not wish to update, unfortunately, nothing can really be done for you.

It could also be that one of the Grasshopper plug-ins is causing the problem, so I might try unloading them and see if the behavior stops.