Cull duplicate mesh faces and originals

1. About running Wasp in the WIP:
The error I get is this:

2. About the definition:
So, culling worked perfectly, but joining the results into one volume still doesn’t allow me to keep the ngon faces.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I haven’t done much work with meshes at all. But it seems like a bunch of important mesh components in grasshopper all really really want to re-triangulate my ngons. mesh join does it. The weaverbird's join and weld does it. simple mesh reacts to penagonal ngons input by ignoring a vertex entirely and leaving a hole. :frowning:

So, I tried using conversion to surfaces. It’s sluggish as hell, but it works on any volume, as long as there are no manifold edges. Here’s my definition: Andrea Rossi Wasp Tutorial Pentoroid.gh (249.3 KB)

And here are some results:

These are all closed SubD objects that can convert easily to closed NURBS polysurfaces. The only glitch I encountered at any point was that nonmanifold edges get weird and leave holes. Otherwise it’s been perfect every time. SubD’s ability to blend between parts, and have the nature of that blend be affected by the nature of the junction and adjacent junctions is fun.

4 Likes