Crv2View problem

When I tried run Crv2View for black circle and left arc Rhino ask me the direction of that curve. I showed up because I extruded that curve by arc to quadrant of big ellipse. But command didn’t work properly. How can I solve this?
signet ring - 8 x 10mm bezel set stone.3dm (392.8 KB)

I decide to run Crv2View first then extrude arc. Solved.

I got another problem. When I run Object intersction to see if everything’s right I notice that there’s little gaps between oval and extrusioned arc. I guess it appears when I mirror the arc. Why does it happen?

Impossible to say for sure without the file. It looks like your mirror axis is not lined up with the center of things…

oval shapes are not at center !

1 Like

:open_mouth:
Thanks.

I draw second arc just like first and everything’s right.
signet ring - 8 x 10mm bezel set stone.3dm (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Hi Aram - the green curve is not planar (look in Top) - use SetPt in X first, then Crv2View.

-Pascal

1 Like

I guess the very problem came from asymetrical stone object. That’s why I decided to model the ring from scratch with changed stone. Here’s what I got
signet ring - 8 x 10mm bezel set stone.3dm (1.1 MB)

I was delighted by my model untill I saw this:

What is wrong with this part of ring?

Hi Aram - I guess is starts with the inner surfaces - these are not tangent in that area either. I’d clean up the inner (finger side) surfaces - make sure they are nice and smooth before trimming the shapes with the fillet-like surface edges.

Same on the outer surface, then trim with the fillet-like surface edges, then MatchSrf the fillets to the inner and outer surfaces.

A Cyan surface: trim it back with an isocurve. Split>Isocurve
B 'UntrimBorder, ShrinkTrimmedSrf and MatchSrf the reds to the Blues at B
C MatchSrf

signet ring - 8 x 10mm bezel set stone_PG.3dm (3.6 MB)

-Pascal