Crv Boolean, possible to pause "preview mesh"?

unhandled

Hi
Maybe this has been answered before but could not find any threads… Is it possible to make rhino not to calculate every click when performing curve boolean? I have a quite dense number of curves from Illustrator and trying to combine them but every time I click in an area it takes about 4-5 min “Creating preview mesh…” Would it be possible to click in all the regions that I want to use and then let Rhino think?
Any help would be appreciated! I have already split the curves in 4 different parts but still very slow…

I think I found some solution… To lower my “absolut tolerence” to 0.1 instead of 0.001 but what will that affect otherwise?!

(Pascal Golay) #3

Hm- yeah, I don’t think you want to do that - it will affect the precision of the results. I don’t think there is a way to turn off the preview - how many curves are there? It seems to me this was sped up at some point, either in V5 or between V5 and 6 - what version and service release are you running? (Help > About Rhnoceros)

-Pascal

Hi Pascal!
Version 6
(6.2.18065.11031, 2018-03-06)
Commercial

And with hardware:
NVIDIA Corporation
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 388.13
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 10-27-2017
Driver Version: 23.21.13.8813

Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24bits
Stencil depth: 8bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 6 GB

But its painfully slow…

(Pascal Golay) #5

Hi Per - how many curves selected? What’s a ballpark number for the total regions you’re getting to when it slows down?

-Pascal

In a quarter of the file its about 400 crv and they are not pretty with the “points on”

If its any help blommor-460x1000_Split_1-1.3dm (7.6 MB)

(Pascal Golay) #8

Yeah, I see - these are complex curves… FitCrv to .01 or .1 might help some if the resulting refit curves are good enough for your purposes. Am I correct that you want all possible regions in this case? if so, you can use that option and go get a coffee rather than click-click-click.

Hm -but these curves are already in closed regions as far as I can see - I guess I am not sure what CurveBoolean is going to get you.

-Pascal

Tried to get some info what “All regions” meant but nothing in the manual…
And Fitcurve dont seams to do much difference

@pascal but turning down the absolute tolerance speeds up things a lot and okey I want the endpoints to be the same when connecting them to the other parts (maybe I can deal with some handy work there), but how will it affect the precision?