Cross Platform toolbars

@pascal,

is there a way to create toolbars and toolbar buttons on Windoze platform and have these opened on mac as well ? My buttons just contain _-RunPythonScript commands.

c.

Hi Clement - I do not see how - it’s not something I’ve played with much but it looks to me like there is no such thing as ‘rui’ files in Rhino for mac, it looks like you have to do everything from inside the Rhino for mac Commands settings in the Rhinoceros menu.

-Pascal

@pascal, thanks for the info. I’ll try to explain that to the customer.

c.

Clement, sorry, I was not correct about where the settings are - I fixed my post above - it’s not in Preferences, the settings are under Rhinoceros menu > Commands > Customize.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal
you were not incorrect the first time,
Commands are also accessible via Pref.

Wow, two ways to get to the same result… in Rhino??? who would have thought?

(thanks)

-Pascal

@pascal, are there any plans to make a unified toolbar system for all platforms, preferably one which can be accessed programmatically ?

c.

Hi Clement - yes, I think it is fair to say that that is a goal but it is not for V6, there are several barriers that make it hard to do this…

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, ok i hope this makes it someday :wink: Maybe i’ll should ask someone to just make a manual toolbar conversion once all the buttons are ready.

c.

Manually is how I made MacRhino match WinRhino. Thereafter, if it is backup or replication you are after, on the Mac just copy the plist file.

Not unified unfortunately, as you were after, but at least you can achieve the same by following separate processes on each platform.