Crop View with selected elements

Hi

is there a way to apply crop view using selected elements?If not, do you have any suggestions in Python / C# ?

Thank you!

Hi Massimiliano,

What is the workflow you are trying to achieve? A view crop is specific to the view and typically done across multiple views with a Revit Scope Box.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer.

I’d like to create some plan views (some at the same level) having a tree structure of elements that I can use to refit my crop view.
As you said I’ve to focus on my workflow.

1. immagine a large building of one floor (to simplify a bit) subdivided in different elements well associated in a tree.
  2. I can associate the number of views desired with the tree paths and create the views.
  3. I’d like to apply my “zoom in” for the desired zone of interest

First question, can I potentially do this using the Revit APIs or Rhino Insiide Revit?

Do you think that a scope box can be used instead of the crop view?

For me it’s completely indifferent if I can match the goal, I’m not a great Revit designer and all the suggestions are very well accepted and I’m more than pleased to understand and improve.

Thank you very much!

I didn’t really understand what you mean. Maybe sharing some graphics and diagrams would make it even better. To try to answer your question:

• You can create views.
  • You can crop views through API.
  • You can programmatically zoom in to selected objects.
    RIR Native components doesn’t support creation of plan views or cropping them at the moment. So you’ll need to created couple custom Python components.
1 Like

Programmatically that can get quite complex, in the bounding box aspect alone.

Here is a quick example of setting scope boxes on groups of views

Requires Revit 2022

View Scopes.rvt (1.6 MB)
Re_View_Scopes.gh (13.8 KB)

Thank you very much this seems really interesting!

I have been brought here by another post regarding Scope Boxes. I am wondering if there have been any updated to Creating Scope Boxes In RiR. I currently work in a firm that does a lot of masterplan projects, and the process we are exploring for early design transition is:

1. Bring in a Mass Family from Rhino and place into Revit and use area plans to schedule (This is done and working)
  2. Create a New scope box around each building using elements bounding box from Rhino
    *This can also be taking an existing Scope box from a Revit template and moving/scaling it via translation.
  3. Take levels and adjust the extents to match the scope box per building (next steps as I do not think RiR has this ability yet…)
  4. Apply Scope Boxes to appropriate plan views (Shown in the above image)

My Main Question: I know there is a way to create a geometry from a Scope Box within Rhino, but wondering if there is a way to either rebuild a scope box in a similar way it is deconstructed, or if there is a way to take a Scope box from a template prior to making it a Rhino geometry and adjust it’s extents?

Thank you in advance.

Konrad sums it up pretty well here back in 2017.

I’ll get back to you on this one.

Thank you for the quick reply and providing that link. This pretty much confirms what I was finding in a much more precise way, but wanted to make sure I had not missed something.

Regarding the Levels, I would be interested to hear how this develops. Thank you, and your team, for being on top of these things.

1 Like