First of all I am newbie. I am trying to create a shut line on car model. So I need to do a groove in mesh. I know that in Rhino 5 there is ApplyShutLining command but it affects only rendering. I need it for 3D printing so I cannot use this one.
Here is what I was trying to do:
- Create closed polyline on flat surface.
- Project it on mesh to get 3D polyline.
- Then I have done some corrections of polyline.
- Sweep circle along polyline
- Boolean difference (mesh - sweeped polysurface) which is not working.
I was trying to convert polysurface to mesh, cut it in parts, different types of boolean operations.
Depending on how I am trying to do this I get: cut in mesh, untouched mesh or only small part of mesh with groove.
I was also trying to cut this polysurface in half by mesh (to get half of circle in cross section) but I don’t how to achieve this. This way I could attach it to cut in mesh.
I do not see a way to attach file here so here is a link to file with mesh: