Creating DirectShapes while Skipping Problematic Geometry

Rhino to Revit exporter Debug.3dm (854.0 KB) RHINO-IN-REVIT-EXPORTER-debug.gh (16.4 KB)

Thanks for the reply Scott. Please see the attached files.
One group is for translating blocks into Revit geometry (Human Components), the other group is a more straight forward approach for translating simple polysurfaces.

Quick update…
If I deconstruct and re join that geometry, the Add Direct Geometry component suddenly works properly. Perhaps this can shed light on the issue.

I will have more time to look at this tomorrow. But it strikes me if Blocks and Blocks instances are being used in Rhino, would it make sense to make a Component Family out of the block and then insert a type instance in Revit at the locations of the Rhino Block instances? Then the model logic in Rhino would be mirrored in Revit.

The simple Brep translation makes total sense. I like how names-index and materials are also being translated.

That would normally point to a tolerance that was too big when joined. When Tolerance is changed, not all the Breps are updated. But Exploding and rejoining will test for the new tolerance.

Your test here does let me know exactly where to look ato see if it is tolerance. Thank you.

Thanks Scott!
Regarding your note on blocks, I don’t suppose you have a good lead on a tutorial for translating blocks into families do you? Eventually, it would be good to be able to make this work for full assemblies (blocks within blocks).
I’ll stay tuned.

I will try to get to this later today. I am interested myself on the details.

We do not support assemblies in Revit yet. They are less like blocks and more like groups. But we are planning to add them.

The only way I know how to do this is to either us multiple types inserted at the same place, or use subcategories for various parts in an complex family. Here is a process to think about: https://www.rhino3d.com/inside/revit/beta/guides/rhino-to-revit#rhino-objects-as-loadable-families There is use two families in the “assembly”.

If you want to send in a block or two you are using and the definition to break them down using Human, I can pick it up from there. We can see what we come up with together.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Rhino Blocks to Revit Family Types

4 posts were split to a new topic: Rotate Families in 3d