Create technical Drawing from Polygonal Objects

Hello folks,

first of all, I haven’t been working with grasshopper for too long and this is my first post so please excuse me if I do something wrong.

I am currently working on a project where i want to extract the polygons (around 50-200) of low poly objects and put them flat, side by side on a plane and dimension each polygon afterwards.

Unfortunately I failed already with the positioning of the polygons on the plane. The next challenge for me is to dimension each polygon unambiguously so that a technical drawing can be generated.

I would be very grateful for some tips.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Have a try Ivy plugin.

Hey, that was fast! Thank you, looks nice! But unfortunately I am working on Mac. Is there an alternativ maybe?

Hello,

Orient is your friend in this instance. You need to get the mesh faces and set a plane aligned with each, then use Orient to map them to a series of XYPlanes.

The triangles are created as individual meshes to avoid using face boundaries (I presume you want them as meshes). Give it a go:

Best wishes,

John.

Yes : PCs
:slight_smile:

…and you can just use Face Boundaries if you don’t need them as meshes but curves:

Well, did it work?