Create a set of N "draggable" points

Hi, All!
I know the “Pt” component can be used as in “Set one point” and that this point/s can be dragged afterwards in the Rhino UI. These kind of points is precisely what I need BUT
Can we give the Pt component an N amount (coming from a lets say “list length”) of points so that it creates a set of N points that we can later on drag?
I know I could create a list of N random point coordinates to create the points, but then I loose the possibility of after-creation-dragging.

Another way would be a sort of sequence that createsANDbakes a set of N points and then incorporates this baked points into the GH def, but I guess this would lead to some looping misheap, won’t it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

BTW, the goal is to create a list of N Breps to which I can afterwards link a list of N data dictionaries I have beforehand…

You only need to internalise them:

Try to create random points and internalize them in a point container. Then you have access to them in Rhino UI.

That´s a 95% solution. If I internalize, the connection to the list origin gets cut.
I “only” have to reattache the list to the points, but my wonder was if it was possible to have it autoupdated so that if I change the dictionaries, and the amount updates, the amount of points automatically changes.

Maybe using Kangaroo? With a force of 0 attached to each point, but to take advantage of the Grab component.

The harder problem is if you want your definition to “remember” any changes you’ve made to the points, when you change the initial set.

200404 Draggable Points.gh (5.3 KB) 200404 Draggable Points

1 Like

This works for you?

6 Likes

Great component, I am only now aware of it, great work, thank you

1 Like

Thanks @jopsa2 the #kangaroo approach might prove very useful for further stages, but for now I think the gumball proposal from @Dani_Abalde will work just fine! Thanks to all!

1 Like

That component is so simple and powerful.
This time i say that “it should be integrated with standard grasshopper” !!

It even retrieve transformation data.

Is the transformation stored inside the component or it resets at every file opening?