Crashes every time, first installation

hi everyone,

I’m new to rhino, I tried the windows version on my pc, with a trial license. All clear.
Then I tried to install rhino on my Mac and nothing works. I entered the same license key, but it didn’t work because I had to remove the license from my windows PC first. So I asked for a new trial license via a new email address, then I entered the new license in rhino, and then I came to the project selection menu ( mm/m/inch), after selecting a project, rhino crashes every time.
So I tried to reinstall several times, but the problem remains exactly the same …
When I reinstall rhino, I get directly to the project selection menu, and I can’t even change my license key.
If the problem is with my license, I’m currently blocked because I don’t have access to the menu allowing me to change my license, and as I told you above, reinstalling rhino doesn’t allow me to enter a new license.

I need rhino for an internship that will take place soon, I hope you can help me.

Hi Maxime - could you post the model information of your Mac and the OS version you are using?
-wim

Yes sure:
macOS Mojave version 10.14.3,
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), processor 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7, memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, startup disk Macintosh HD, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.

Maxime

i can remember faintly that i had issues of such kind when i installed rhino 6 with a trail license on 2 new computers which i tried. i ended up deleting all files with AppCleaner and installing from scratch till i got the correct order how to deactivate what where.

1 Like

I believe you’ll have more luck with Mojave 10.14.6. If possible you could try updating to that.

1 Like

Thanks Nathan for your suggestion, I updated to Mojave 10.14.6 and everything works for now !
I would like to thanks everyone too for the reactivity, it’s good not to feel alone when facing this kind of issues.

I had the same problem with the older buggy 10.14.2 and 10.14.3 Mojave builds.