Correlation

Hello everyone !

I am working on my school project now . I got stuck ((((

I tried to make a sphere based on a circle as cross section .

I am trying to simulate inflating of a construction to present a concept. of my project.

The main purpose is to make correlation between a radius of a circle and a radius of a sphere, so that when I decrease the radius of a circule the radius of sphere will be increased .

When the radius of the cross-section is to small there is a very small peace of a top of the sphere above the cross section. When the radius has its maximum value then there is the biggest part of sphere above.

Thank you in advance !

Andrei Kazlouski

Sphere.gh (6.3 KB)

mmm … can you explain it again/better? Maybe with some picture?

thank you , that you are trying to help me !

One more try )

On this picture you can see three steps of increasing volume above xy plane ( purple color).
It is the cross section view .

Big R - radius of sphere
Small r - radius of a cross section , that lies in XY plane .

1. step - small volume above XY plane , sphere has R1 and a cross section radius r1

2. The volume above XY plane is growing, R2 is getting smaller then R1 , r2 bigger then r1

3 The volume above XY plane got its final volume , R3 - the smaller then R2 , r3 bigger then r2

And a small video of a concept.

So you have 3 “steps”, and the variables are:
Cr = circle radius
Sr = sphere radius
V = volume
How can we make a “function” if all of them are changing through the steps?
Shouldn’t, like, the circle radius be constant? And so you obtain the sphere radius and center with a function of the volume… inflating.
If no-one of the variables is constant… i need another rule to put up some idea…