Challenge Accepted: 3D-Printed Face Masks for the Citizens of NYC and Los Angeles

These 3D-printed face shields were designed around the principle of reusability and the use of easily-obtainable parts. The filters are simple cotton balls (actually, each breather housing requires only half a cotton ball). The mask is washable and reusable (discard after 15 uses or 90 days, whichever comes first). There are several options for attaching each mask to your face: it can wrap around your head or your ears. THIS IS NOT AN N95 RATED MASK! It’s primary purpose is to stop you from touching your face and to stop you from sneezing onto others. It also works in preventing you from spreading droplets onto others.

I can get the Rhino raw files, .stl files (stereolithography), or sliced files (Simplify3D) to anyone who needs them. My only request is for you to make 3d-printed copies available to medical staff upon request, if you have the capacity.

I will be making variants on this first iteration (nose bridge width, cheek puffiness, cheek bone geometry, etc). I thank all who have donated images for this project. You can help with this project by donating an image of the front of your face with a US penny on your forehead, along with a profile/side view image with a US penny on your cheek. Other coins are okay, but I need to know the nationality of the coin and, preferably, the diameter of the coin. Thank you very much for your support :slight_smile:

PS: You can reach me at ncmachsys@gmail.com