Copy/Paste Rhino Mac 6

I just tried 5 simple curves in 5.5.1 and again in the WIP.
Yes, 5 was quick. The WIP took about 1 second longer.
There hasn’t been much performance related tweaking yet as we’re still getting main components to work.

Do you have a sample file you can share we can use to test this?

I will try it again.Thanks.

I just copied a simple square(curve)in 6 and it took 10 seconds, I exaggerated when I said 30,Then I tried it in 5 and it was instantaneous, no exaggeration. In 6 the color wheel turns and in 5 it doesn’t.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-49385

Hi,
Another problem, After exploding pyramid, I rotated one face to a position of 90° and to my surprise the triangle was smaller than the original face. Also, It may be me but when I clicked on materials in the renderer there was nothing. Do I have to create my own?
J.N.

I have used rhino 5 on mac for a year or so without any lag. Moving onto 6 WIP, When I copy and paste most curves and lines there is a large delay before the pasting. Not sure if this is an optimization issue or anything. Just Posting here for feedback.

1 Like

Yeah, this is one of the more annoying bugs… I hope it will be fixed soon.

Philip

I have used rhino 5 on mac for a year or so without any lag. Moving onto 6 WIP, When I copy and paste most curves and lines there is a large delay before the pasting. Not sure if this is an optimization issue or anything. Just Posting here for feedback.

1 Like

Hello - thanks for the report - are you copying and pasting between files, or into the same file or does it make any difference?

-Pascal

For me it doesn’t make any difference… Same lag either way.

Philip

I forgot to say… Copying is slow (cmd + c), paste is instantaneous (cmd + v) here.

Philip

Agreed. Was about to post about the super laggy copy function and then found this.

I hope this can be fixed soon - I use copy/paste a lot in every session. Please! It still seems to be “open”…

Philip

Well, not anymore… In the latest WIP both ‘cmd + c’ and ‘cmd + d’ are slow (beachball)…

Philip

Copy and Paste should be faster in the latest RhinoWIP. Please give it a try.

Thanks… but it felt quite normal here in last weeks WIP already :grinning:

Philip

1 Like

Hi, using the latest release Aug 2019. I am having massive issues with copy/paste taking ages. Then try to move the object once pasted. Hangs for around 30secs. Also have an external HD. When it pastes this HD spins up for about 20 secs.

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. Copy/paste (Cmd+C / Cmd+V) any object in this file causes Rhino to freeze and eventually crash. I’ve tried exporting the file and importing it into a new file, but it seems the problem persists. I’m running the latest release (6.17.19236.01022, 2019-08-24) on Mojave 10.14.6 on a Late 2014 iMac Retina 5K.

Thanks,
AM

Hi - A fix for Copy-Paste issues on the Mac was implemented in 6.18 - you can run the current release candidate (6.18.19260.10102) to check if that solves the issue that you are having.
-wim

A post was merged into an existing topic: Renderer in Rhino 6 Mac