Copy Layer into a New Project

Greetings,

I’m a new user in Rhino 6 and am attempting to copy a layer from one project into another. Project_01 is the file I have. Unfortunately there were revisions made to it while I was editing it. I have been adding dimensions (Dim command) by adding dimensions to a variety of 3D objects in Project_01. The updated model (Project_02) has the same geometry in the same Cartesian locations with some minor alterations that my boss made (meaning, I can’t just ask him to use my model and redo his work). So I’m imagining that I may be able to copy the layer I have created in Project 01 with the dimensions into Project_02. I’ve been unsuccessful in locating a similar post to my predicament. I’m uploading an example file to help understand what I’m attempting. This is my Project 01 in my example above.

Thanks,
Chris

LAYER COPY TEST.3dm (45.1 KB)

Hi Chris - you can use SelLayer or the context menu in the layer panel to select all the objects on a layer and copy/paste into your second file - both files can be open at the same time.
Does that do it?

-Pascal

Yes, but I have dimensions in multiple layouts (drawing sheets) so I wanted to copy all at once and match them to the same sheets in a new model.