Convenient collection of Naked Edge Indices info

I want to collect topology info for naked edges, and I want this “organized” per naked edge. With this I mean like (imagine a new curve type): “PolyEdgeLine” defined as follows:

TopologyEdge Index (TEI)
    TopologyEdges.TopologyVerticesIndex (TETVI) // same as IndexPair info

Put together I want all the index info about an edge in the same order as the edges occur in a regular (NakedEdge) Polyline[], like so:

struct PolyEdgeIndices
{
    int TE_I;  // Topology Edge Index
    int TETV_I; // First Topology Edge (Topology) Vertex Index
    int TETV_J; // other end
}

// "Poly Edge Line"
PolyEdgeIndices[] NakedEdgeIndicesInfo;

The above info can be easily retrieved for individual edges by traversing the MeshTopologyEdgeList , but it takes some computation to piece together the naked edge segments to form a continuous “PolyEdgeLine”, so to speak.

Is there any convenient way to gather all this Edge info in this ordered way, or do I have to piece together the segments (and its index info) myself?

I’m aware of the mesh.GetNakedEdges() command, but the result type (Polyline[]) doesn’t give me any of the indices I want as in a ordered, connected, “PolyEdgeLine” way (with the index of the edge and indices of it’s vertices).

I need this (index) info for (multiple cases) of of edge analysis, which is why I want it in “compacted” form to simplify my code.

// Rolf

Is it any reward (worth the name) for a real-time solution on that? For instance:

I actually just got it sorted. Recursively piecing the edges together in the right order & edge loop direction. Don’t know how to reward myself though, so any suggestions welcome. :wink:

// Rolf

Plan A: get the Akra (later on you MAY get the red thing as well).
Plan B: burn computer, reset and come here (I can sell you slightly used custom gear at bargain(?) prices).

I’ve got a new one (AMD 3950X, in boxes still). Will build it in the coming days. I can burn the old one. But not before next week. :fire:

Sun burn doesn’t count.

// Rolf

Have a cup of coffee, or a donut - same thing as we’re talking topology :slight_smile:

1 Like