Control of surface parameterization

I am creating surface grids for an aerodynamic panel code, and I need to be able to precisely control a nonlinear distribution of the isoparametric lines in a surface. For example, wing surfaces often use cosine spacing that bunches the points near the leading and trailing edges. Where I have a wing/fuselage intersection, I need to have the isoparametric lines of the fuselage surface exactly line up with the isoparametric lines of the wing for that segment of the fuselage surface, and the rest of the fuselage surface may need to be parameterized to match other constraints.

What I would like to have is a table or function that can be associated with a surface edge that would have the U (or V) values vs the number of divisions of the surface, or a mapping from u to U, where 0<u<1 and 0<U<1 and the mapping is monotonic but not linear. Then when u is swept from 0 to 1, the “speed” of U is varied on the actual surface.

Is there any way to achieve this in Rhino?

Hmmm. Part of my question was cut off. What I was trying to say is u goes from 0 to 1, U goes from 0 to 1, and as u is swept though its range, the “speed” of U varies as it generates the actual surface.

Hi Tom- do you want a dumb display of the parameter at each isocurve? or do you want to control that value directly somehow?

(btw, you can edit your own posts by clicking on the fat pencil icon at the bottom)

-Pascal

I want to control the spacing of the isocurves themselves. A specified nonlinear rebuild.

Hmm- directly in Rhino… I do not know of a way to do that- it is probably possible via RhinoCommon and either Python or a dotNet plug-in.

-Pascal