Continue the simulation

Hello,
Is it possible to continue a simulation after it has finished? That is to start a new simulation but using in the first generation as parent models those obtained from the first simulation, in order to improve the results of the first simulation.

Thanks and best regards,
Alessia

Hi,

No. If you hit start, the first generation (generation 0) is always a random generation. If you wish to improve the result of a simulation, one way is to let it run longer. Of course, it also relates back to your design problem and the way you set it up.
On a different note, if you wish to run sequential simulations, one way is to treat the results of the first simulation as constants for the second simulation. For example, you run a simulation for a tower design, mainly for massing studies. You select one individual and then use that individual to run another simulation for facade studies.

Hi,
If I understand correctly this approach is suitable if there are more problems in series. But how could I use it if I have a single problem and after a first simulation I realized that I have adopted an insufficient number of generations?
Thanks

in your case, just run a fresh simulation with more generation count.

Ok thanks anyway, I was hoping there was a way to not start over.