Confused about filletedge

Can anyone make suggestions how to make this not happen? I’m fairly new to Rhino and trying to fillet all edges but I get holes :frowning:

Hi Jordan- just guessing - better to send in a file - but if you Undo that, and MergeAllFaces, then fillet the edges (all at once) it may work out better.

-Pascal

Hi! Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it. Here is my file. I’m sure where MergeAllFaces comes in, I created the initial shapes, then lofted surfaces. Perhaps I’m taking the wrong approach, but the FilletEdge command really confuses me!mouse.3dm (139.1 KB)

Hi Jordan - no, no need to merge faces - it worked ok here - did you select all the edges at once to fillet?

-Pascal

Hello again Pascal, I think where I’m going wrong is I’m trying to select all the edges and not just the inside extrusion.

On another note, do you know a good place to start to learn some of the basics? I’m running an evaluation copy and hope to purchase and utilize Rhino for 3d printing. I’m going from a polygon modeler, so this is a different world to me.

Ok I must be crazy… I tried it again and it worked. I have no clue what I did differently :frowning:

I guess you did not get all the edges you wanted selected, the first time through.

-Pascal

Thank you for your help either way. Sorry to be so much trouble!

No substitute for this informative guide:
https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5.0/Rhino5Level1Training

Welcome to the fun!

~Dave

Any reason not to start with the User’s Guide first? WebHelp

Thanks for the help and suggestions!!

That works, too. The level 1 guide has lots of good step-by-step exercises that are focused on specific topics. ~Dave