TAILSIT would like to announce the initial release of Concha, a Rhino3D plug-in for the numerical analysis of shell structures.
Based on the Finite Element Method, Concha lets you analyse the mechanical behaviour of complex geometries subject to arbitrary loads without leaving the design environment of Rhino3D.
The key features of Concha are
* Import of any surface-based geometry objects from within Rhino3D
* Specification of supports at vertices, edges or surfaces
* Connection of vertices or surfaces from different geometry parts
* Different material models
* Application of forces to vertices, edges and surfaces
* Temperature and self-weight loading
* Automatised meshing, surface-wise meshing with non-conforming interfaces
* Visualisation of deformed shape, displacement components, reaction forces and equivalent stresses
* No knowledge of Grasshopper or RhinoScript is required
A version with selected features can be downloaded free on food4Rhino. We encourage you to provide us with your feedback and bug-reports in this forum or by mail.
For a professional, customized version or academic licensing please contact TAILSIT.