Compute error unless compute.geometry.exe started manually on the server

When trying to run a Grasshopper function (.gh file attached) with Hops I get the following error:

1. Path appears valid, but to something that is not Hops related

If I log into the compute server and look at task manager while trying to run the grasshopper function from my workstation I can see that compute.geometry.exe begins to run on the server, but ends when I get the above error on my workstation.

If I go to C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\Hops\0.15.4\compute.geometry\ on the server and manually start compute.geometry.exe and then run the .gh file through Hops on my workstation it works as expected. Any idea why it will only work if I manually start compute.geometry.exe on the server?

HelloWorld.gh (4.8 KB)

It sounds like the rhino.compute server isn’t really getting started correctly. Can you provide any other details about what the console application shows you as soon as you start Grasshopper? You said you logged into the server? I don’t exactly know what that means, but I’m assuming you’re running rhino.compute via the Hops plugin? If so, this gives me a little better understanding of your setup, but I’d still like to know what the console window show when you launch Grasshopper.
For reference, this is what my rhino.compute console window looks like. You can see the two POST methods near the bottom. The first is the request that got sent to the /io endpoint when I first set the path to your HelloWorld.gh example. The second is the request sent to the /grasshopper endpoint which passes in the string data for the Name input. Do you get anything like this?