Command QuadrangulateMesh not autocompleted anymore

… if typed in the command line.

-Micha

1 Like

Hi Micha - this was replaced with the QuadRemesh command.
The old remesher engine is still available but, as you note, no longer autocompletes.
-wim

1 Like

Oh, I don’t used the command for remeshing, I simplified exist meshes and converted the triangles to quads to get the smaller meshes only, more like a cleaning. At this way the UV was 100% kept. I hope the command stay alive also if it is hidden now. It’s a nice basic tool to remove triangles.

Hi Micha - in which way doesn’t the Rhino 7 QuadRemesh command work for you for doing this?
-wim

I don’t know how to use QuadRemesh for the task. Here an example - I don’t know what I should to set as target if I don’t want to change the mesh or the shape, only remove triangles.

I strong miss the autocomplete for such a long word like “QuadrangulateMesh”.

Here the QuadRemesh at default settings - the mesh is rawer and the original texture UV are lost. QuadrangulateMesh is a nice quick to use command to clean meshes. Please make it full available again, QuadRemesh isn’t a replacement. QuadRemesh rebuild meshes and doesn’t clean them. It’s a wonderful powerful tool but I don’t see how to use it as replacement for the simple task.

Thanks for the feedback, Micha. We’re looking into this.
-wim

1 Like

Hi Micha - QuadrangulateMesh should auto-complete again in the upcoming public WIP.
-wim

1 Like