Color difference between line and plane with same hex?

Hello,

I am currently in Render mode and I have exactly the same Blue (#000051) applied both to a plane and to a line that runs along the edge of the plane, however as you can see in the image attached the line color is slightly lighter than the plane color. I need the plane color to be exactly the same as the line color. Can you please tell me how that can be achieved? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Untitled-1

was a bit tricky to find, but before you jump down that path, why exactly would you need that for? maybe there is a different solution? why not hiding the curve?

if you uncheck these two in the rendersetting it should work, gamma is not really responsible but the colors will generally look equal to the shaded mode then. what seems to effect the shading of materials to appear darker than curves is the linear workflow.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-27 um 14.50.56

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Encephalon!

I did try to just remove there curves but I get that jagged effect on the edges (pic below) and I’ve tried adjusting that by increasing the smoothing to the max and it’s still jagged so I gave up on that method. I’d like to find a solution to this problem of the color difference anyway, as it is has come up for me a number of times in different scenarios.

May I ask you to explain the location of the “Gamma” and “use linear workflow” please?

did you adjust the aliasing settings or the rendermesh setting?

1 Like

Ah got it, thank you so much ! I tried it and it worked yay! Its makes all the colors a bit lighter, but at least the lines and the planes are the same. Thanks a lot for your help.

I think I just adjusted the render mesh settings. Should I try the aliasing too?

you could increase the rendermesh settings further, since this seems to be an issue with how fine it discretizes the mesh rather than the aliasing

here you see that it does not fill in fully

after you apply these settings for instance it looks much better, set everything to 0 and uncheck all, only min and max edge lenght change the magnitude to 0.001 if needed but that would be really heavy just keep in mind :slight_smile:

but depending on what you need it for, using a curve to hide it away might indeed make more sense.

1 Like

encephalon this method works perfectly as well, thank you ! I was playing around with those settings before and I didn’t realise you could set the min. and max. edge length so small. Really appreciate your help with this. thanks again.

1 Like