Close export curves

Hi,
I’m using the Shapediver export function for dxf and when I export the curves thet are explode. Is it possible to export the curves close like splines or arc? The same gh result into Rhino generate closed curves.

I had notice that I’m able to solve it modifying the curves in polylines, however I have to add many nodes in order to have an uniform curve and my intention was obtain the lessest number of nodes.

Thanks

The DXF export function uses the Default export scheme of the DXF exporter. This scheme explodes polycurves by default:

In the future we are likely going to add a possibility to choose the export scheme or somehow else configure these parameters.

ok, thanks for your reply. In any case, I noticed that the dxf download worked correcly with Rhino 5 and now, after Rhino 6 updating, makes problems to my plans. Not only it explodes them but also it erases some lines, this is a big problem for my business since it is based in the commercialization of dxf plans for cnc machines.
I really appreciate any your advice in order to solve this problem.

Thanks

We investigated and found a bug which explains this problem. It will be fixed in the next days. Until then we could temporarily switch your account to the Rhino 5 system, let us know.

Switch me to Rhino 5, if you think it advantageous. In any case I hope that the change does not make any compatibility problems with my last furniture collection updated with Rhino 6.
Whether this gives problems, I can pass provisionally all the Rhino 5 models to polylines waiting for your changes.

In the even that the amend does not take to much time, I can wait and inform my clients about a brief stop of the site for maintenance .
Thanks

We deployed a fix. Please check again whether the problem has been solved for you. Be aware that solutions are cached, i.e. if you recall a solution which has been computed before, using exactly the same parameter values, then it will not get recomputed.

ok, all works correctly, thanks for your prompt assistance.
I’ll be waiting for can export closed splines in the future

I realised that the description I provided above, regarding the Default DXF export scheme, was wrong. Please excuse the confusion. On Rhino 5 we are using the “2004 Solids” export scheme that ships with Rhino 5. This scheme is not included anymore in Rhino 6, hence we recreated it to match the settings of Rhino 5. These are the settings being used (screenshots from Rhino 6):

As you can see, polycurves get tessellated. That setting is a bit unfortunate, but we can’t change it now. We will include a possibility to specify a different export scheme in a future release.

It was very helpful see your dxf Rhino server configuration. For my Shapedivers, the perfect configuration is Polycurves to Splines (I tried it and I export perfect plans) but, of course, I understand that you have reasons for no activate it.
Thanks

Hi Alexander, I’d like to know if exist any solution in order to export dxf without too much nodes when I transform spline to polyline.

Many thanks

We are working on an update that will allow you to specify different export schemes, which will be released later this year. For now, would it be a solution for you not to export polycurves (which get converted to polylines), but instead to explode the polycurves before exporting?

The polycurve explosion would be a partial solution, the lines would be like polycurves but all separated and that is still a problem for cnc machines, is there a function in grasshopper to rejoin them? I already tried with “join curves” but I think the problem returns to the starting point

Thank you

The best solution for you will be to wait for us to support the polycurve to DXF export option explained above (mapping Rhino polycurves to AutoCAD splines).

It should become available in the last quarter of this year. If exploding is not an option for you in the meanwhile, maybe you could export to 3dm until then?

Ok, I will be waiting for your update.
Thanks

Many thanks for your patience!

@modfil sorry to tell you that rollout of this feature will likely take another 2-3 months to be completed. I hope for your understanding.