ClippingPlanes: Toggle command? and one regarding question more

Hey guys, is there any command to toggle CPs? Doing my vertex tweaking work on my mirrortable as suggested continously converting to mesh and NURBS back and forth to get the best of both systems… Now I get a clipping plane involved to better tweak the geometry. So I came up with these 2 questions:\

1. is there a way to simply toggle the visibility of the clipped/hidden geometry? (there is only 2 commands, disable/enable, which I find too tedious using them repeatedtly)

2. Can I hide geometry with CPs also in all plan/ortho viewports?
    Thanks a lot for any clarification!

Hannes

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Hannes, I’m not sure if I follow completely but it looks to me like having two clipping planes in place, bisecting your object in both directions, would help. You can Flip the clipping planes to isolate one quadrant. Properties on clipping planes allow you to set which viewports are affected.

-Pascal

(Wim Dekeyser) #3

My way of doing that is saving two (or more) named views (and I call them “v0”, “v1” (…)) where one has the ClippingPlane enabled and the other not.

When I want to turn the clipping plane off, I just type v0. When I want it enabled again I just type v1. That is, you don’t have to go through the NamedViews dialog to get to a saved view, you can just type the name and if that is short enough it goes very fast…